Men's Balance Hiker Shoe by Apex
The Apex ABS Hiker represents the next step in our revolutionary, scientific* approach to helping those at risk of falls live active, independent lifestyles. Based on the original Apex ABS, the ABS Hiker delivers all the same features but in a rugged, hiker style that is perfect for outdoor or casual wear. To help you reduce fall risk, the ABS Hiker contains a firm, adjustable heel counter to provide stability while being able to accommodate an AFO. In addition, a textured footbed provides proprioceptive sensory feedback, helping those with polyneuropathy get a better sense of how their feet are interacting with the ground. Finally, a hard rubber outsole boosts traction, ideal for spending time outdoors.
- 5/16” removable depth in two layers provides fitting flexibility and the ability to allow use of inserts or AFOs.
- Firm, adjustable heel counter provides added stability and accommodates AFOs.
- Extended tongue opening allows for easy foot insertion and AFO compatibility.
- Breathable exterior materials keep feet cool and dry.
- Moisture-wicking and antimicrobial polyester mesh lining.
- Textured footbed provides proprioceptive sensory feedback for polyneuropathy.
- Responsive, supportive midsole.
- Hard rubber outsole designed for added traction and to reduce slips.
- Soft padded collars for all-day comfort
Peak Foot Health, Common Foot Conditions:
- Plantar Fascitis
- Hammer Toes
- Morton's Neuroma
- Heel Pain
- An active shoe, designed specifically to reduce fall risk. Design features, like a low a profile heel that aids stability and posture, lugged soles to help reduce the risk of slipping, and a smooth, angled toe that helps avoid stumbling and tripping.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Apex Presents: The Ultimate Guide to Shoe-Fitting | Apexfoot.com
Healthy feet begin with expertly designed and constructed shoe...
The Science Behind Apex Footwear
ABOUT OUR CHANNEL At Apex, we believe that helping others stay...
Apex Shoe Sizing Chart
Ready to try out orthopedic and diabetic shoes, but not sure w...