For temporary relief of pain and itching related to minor skin irritation:
- Pruritic Dermatitis such as eczema and allergic contact dermatitis
- Minor burns
- Minor abrasions
- Venous Stasis Dermatitis
Lidocaine HCl 4% in a 20% Urea Vehicle
For adults, apply externally to the affected area. Do not use more than three to four times per day.
Serious side effects have been reported with topical lidocaine including the following:
Allergic reactions. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have some or all of the following symptoms of an allergic reaction:
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- Hives or skin rash
- Fast heartbeat
- Fast breathing
- Nausea or vomiting
- Seizures or convulsions
For external use only.
INGREDIENTS: Lidocaine HCI 4% in a 20% Urea vehicle
- Contains lidocaine, which inhibits trans-membrane ion movement in neural axons.
- This action limits the initiation of painful nerve impulses, and their subsequent conduction, resulting in anesthetic action at the site of application.
Common side effects of topical lidocaine include:
- irritation at site of application, including burning, blisters, bruising, redness, or swelling at the site of application.
- Lidocaine cream may also cause vomiting, seizures, ringing in the ears, and irregular heartbeat.
Discontinue should any side effects occur and consult with your physician.
Lidocaine may also cause dizziness and drowsiness. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how this medication affects you.
Do not use topical lidocaine:
- If you are allergic to lidocaine or to any of its ingredients
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- on broken, open sores or blistered skin.
- allergic to other local anesthetic
- do not use on infected skin
For Topical use only. Do not use orally and do not swollow.
Do not use on large areas of the body.
Wash hands immediately after use. Avoid getting the product in eyes, nose, or ears. If the medication gets in these areas, rinse the area immediately with clean water. Do not use more of this product, use it more often, or keep using it longer than directed. If there is an infection or sore in the area to be treated, do not use this medication without consulting your doctor first.
If your condition lasts or gets worse, or if you think you may have a serious medical problem, consult your doctor.
*Consult with your physician prior to use.
- Lidocaine HCI 4% in a 20% Urea vehicle